What’s the difference between a fear and a phobia? How do I know if I need to get help?
The distinction between a fear and a phobia is made, when the strength of the fear means that the sufferer’s quality of life is affected.
Many people have specific fears, and might feel uncomfortable and maybe avoid the ‘trigger’ e.g. snakes.
But when that fear leads you to spend a considerable amount of time worrying about the trigger, and you go to extreme measures to avoid coming into contact with a trigger, when the fear is negatively impacting your life, it is a phobia.
Hypnosis can treat common phobias such as:
- Arachnophobia – fear of spiders
- Claustrophobia – fear of confined or crowded spaces
- Aerophobia – fear of flying
- Cleithrophobia – fear of elevators
- Orniphobia – fear of birds
- Trypanophobia – fear of needles
- Cynophobia – fear of dogs
- Vehophobia – fear of driving
- Agoraphobia –fear of certain places
- Haemaphobia – fear of blood
- Acrophobia – fear of heights
- Gephyrophobia – fear of bridges or tunnels
- Astraphobia – fear of thunder and lightning
- Hydrophobia – fear of water
- Emetaphobia – fear of vomiting
- Koumpounophobia – fear of buttons
- Ophidiophobia – fear of snakes
- Zoophobia – fear of animals
- Coulrophobia – fear of clowns
- Glosssophobia – fear of public speaking
- Mysophobia – fear of dirt and germs
- Nosocomephobia – fear of hospitals
It is not uncommon for a person with a phobia to have an extreme physiological response even to the thought of the trigger including; nausea, sweating, hyperventilating, palpitations, panic attack or (anxiety attack). If this seems familiar to you then you should seek help. In most cases phobias are very easily treated.
Hypnotherapy is possibly the quickest method of releasing a phobia. Be reassured that at YouHypnotherapy there is no exposure therapy, we don’t need to be confronted with the object of your fear. As a phobia response results from a powerful imagination it can be removed through the power of your imagination. It doesn’t matter how long you have held this fear, it might be for a short time, or for years.
What would being free of your phobia mean to you?
Can you imagine the freedom of not being restricted by your phobia?
Can you imagine not being embarrassed by your phobia?
Can you imagine not being worried that your phobia might appear without warning?
Can you imagine new possibilities…?
You don’t have to imagine it, book a hypnotherapy ession today and start living phobia free.